Tuesday, July 1, 2008

17 days but who's counting

Hey there everyone. Glad you checked in today.

32 years of history here, it's awful strange saying goodbye. I knew it wouldn't be easy but man my emotions are draining rapidly. I went to see my "second parents" as I call them. John & Judy, they've been in my life since I was 15 and have always been so sweet and made me feel like a daughter to them. They've enjoyed watching Ashley & Amanda grow into young women and also seeing Alexia grow up. We have fun picking blueberries at their home, peaches and even some apples. Today Alexia got to ride in John's air conditioned tractor, it was a thrill for her. But what she likes even more is driving their golf cart around their property to get to the blueberries. I'm going to miss that fresh mint in my mohitos this summer.

Alexia seems to be doing well so far, just trying to get in as much playtime with her friends as possible. I am so grateful for technology today, being able to stay in touch with everyone via the internet is awesome. We're going to have a web camera set up once we get to CA, for any of you who have one....we can still see each other:)

Been going through old files and when I say old, I mean back to 1991. Crazy how much we save, it's cute looking back on some of the little notes Erick used to write me, I say "used to" because it just doesn't happen as often now. But I have to say he's still a romantic, brings me flowers and cards once in a while. Anyways enough about him, it feels good to go through this "cleansing" process.

We're looking forward to spending time with Callie, Emily & Gretchen tomorrow before they head to their family vacation in Ohio. They won't be back before we leave, this is gonna be a tough one:(

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

You have done a great job with your blog. I love it! There were so many things I wanted to say today when we said our goodbyes. I just couldn't get anything out. You have been an amazing friend and I am so glad we have had the chance to know you guys the last two years. I have loved watching Alexia and Callie's friendship grow. Thanks for everything and just being you! I will be in touch always!! Not goodbye....until we see you again!!